Is it necessary to fill form CF83

cremeegg

I have access to my online UK National Insurance record, it shows a number of years where I can pay a vountary contribution for additional pension entitlements.

Do I need to fill in the CF83 form, which is basically an application to pay voluntary contributions, or can I just make the payments based on the record?

Thanks for any advice.

I think paying online by bank transfer requires a code, given by HMRC.
You could just send them a cheque, with your details, and I suppose they would accept it. If you are happy to pay the Class 3 level of contribution, which appears to be the default option, I imagine you could do that.

But you should be certain of which class of contributions you are making, because the difference is quite large ( 165 a year, as opposed to 824 a year)

I think that requries an assessment, which requires an application using form CF83.

You could just send them a cheque, with your details, and I suppose they would accept it. If you are happy to pay the Class 3 level of contribution, which appears to be the default option, I imagine you could do that.
No.
The online information allows you to see your National Insurance record.

To apply to make voluntary payments you complete CF83. Pen, paper, envelope, stamp. Recorded delivery ideally. Less than a tenner

Follow the process; it's not hard.

No.
The online information allows you to see your National Insurance record.

To apply to make voluntary payments you complete CF83. Pen, paper, envelope, stamp. Recorded delivery ideally. Less than a tenner

Follow the process; it's not hard.
This guide says you can. Maybe, it's just for UK residents, but no indication that I can see.

Attachments

• 20230323_134022.jpg
    20230323_134022.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 231
Back