Is ISIS-K funded by America?

Duke of Marmalade

Interesting conversation with a taxi driver last evening. Unusually, he was a Dub. But he was married to a Lithuanian, which interested me but he said he was unwilling to talk politics as it might offend. I took the bait and forced him to speak his mind. He turned out to be pro-Russia (though anti Putin), anti Ukraine, Nato and most of all anti America. He knew his onions, quoting obscure folk in the CIA and US admin. He did make one claim which he said was FACT. The US fund ISIS-K. They do share the same enemies, the Taliban, Iran and Russia. Also they were able to warn about the outrage. He might have a point.

This is the same ISIS-K that...
During the U.S. military withdrawal from the country, ISIS-K carried out a suicide bombing at the international airport in Kabul in August 2021 that killed 13 U.S. troops and as many as 170 civilians.

Seems like more Russian lies.

This is the same ISIS-K that...
During the U.S. military withdrawal from the country, ISIS-K carried out a suicide bombing at the international airport in Kabul in August 2021 that killed 13 U.S. troops and as many as 170 civilians.

Seems like more Russian lies.
I should have taken that taxi driver's number plate so that I could put him right!

I'd question whether they are a Lithuanian who in a sporting contest between Russia & Lithuania, supports Russia...
That's what I tried to tease out. Was Lithuania like NI with two divided communities, he said no. We then got waylaid into a discussion about the summer solstice (I kid you not). I said it was on June 21st. He said it was on June 24th in Lithuania. This threatened to get much more tetchy than any discussion about the US/ISIS-K. I was adamant they were the same astronomical event. I finally resolved the issue by Google when I got home. The astronomical event (the sun appearing to stand still as it switches direction) actually varies between June 21 and June 23 but the Lithuanians officially celebrate "midsummer" on June 24.:rolleyes:

That's what I tried to tease out. Was Lithuania like NI with two divided communities, he said no. We then got waylaid into a discussion about the summer solstice (I kid you not). I said it was on June 21st. He said it was on June 24th in Lithuania. This threatened to get much more tetchy than any discussion about the US/ISIS-K. I was adamant they were the same astronomical event. I finally resolved the issue by Google when I got home. The astronomical event (the sun appearing to stand still as it switches direction) actually varies between June 21 and June 23 but the Lithuanians officially celebrate "midsummer" on June 24.:rolleyes:
It's a really lovely country. Well worth a visit.

I wonder if the 24th being the big day now there is a way of distancing it from pagan times:

Dew Holiday or Rasos in Lithuanian is another name for Midsummer Day festival, usually frequented by those who are focused on preserving the authentic Baltic pagan traditions. Every year these “last remaining pagans” meet in Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, to hold a Midsummer Day celebration just as their ancestors did centuries ago.

Back