Is estate agent at it with me?

1 "I told her I was not happy about waiting till after the weekend and getting messed about, if I don't get an answer by the end of today I want to withdraw my interest in the property ............."

2. "She said she'd call straight back once she gets a hold of them........."

3. "just spoke to EA and she said vendors are going now with the people who have offered 245,500.........."

I can't see that OP has any cause for complaint.

i think most likely reason for this whole scenario is that ea tipped off a friend/good client of a forced sale.

What come back would the auctioneer have if the op is telling the facts exactly as they are?

None, but even if they had, that particular point is irrelevant unless the auctioneer is named here, which won't happen. My point is that when a person finds themselves at a delicate stage in property purchase negotiations, it might not be the best idea in the world to publicly outline one's bidding motivation and other circumstances on a public website.

the odds of someone involved in the sale finding this thread are very slim.

The fact that a link was posted to the actual house on the estate agent's website yesterday may change these odds a little (It has since been removed).

the op has every right to be fuming..he did send a cheque for the deposit,in my view that takes the house off the open market..the EA is not trustworthy if that's the way they conduct business.
the OP is better off pulling out in my opinion

the op has every right to be fuming..he did send a cheque for the deposit,in my view that takes the house off the open market..the EA is not trustworthy if that's the way they conduct business.
the OP is better off pulling out in my opinion

Eh? Sale agreed does not imply that the house is off the market as far as I am concerned. Surely the EA has an obligation to the seller to consider any/all offers until contracts are signed?

The cheque is in the post is one of the oldest tricks in the book to buy a bit of time. We don't know what was said exactly as we are only getting one side of the story but I am pretty sure a wire transferr can be done in a matter of minutes and you could fax or email the banks confirmation of it being processed as proof.

I have used both methods in the past depending on the circumstances.

The fact that a link was posted to the actual house on the estate agent's website yesterday may change these odds a little (It has since been removed).

Ah....a placeholder would have made that clearer.

Back