Is eircom.net being hacked again?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I am experiencing the problem of a few weeks ago.

My icon says "signal strength: excellent" but most websites timeout.

I get some emails, but usually get a send/receive error : "the connection to the server was interrupted"

Is there any site to check the status of the eircom.net ISP?

Same problem... It's taken me the guts of twenty-five minutes to get into two email accounts...

Here we go again!....

Same here, have some really important work I need to complete tonight but can't get access to my email.

Yes, same here. When browsing Google shows up the results but then you get an error page :-( Sick of it at this stage!

Same here. I just (within the last 10 mins) changed my primary DNS to 4.2.2.2 & my secondary DNS to 4.2.2.1 - which are both open DNS and I'm browsing to my heart's content now.

If you want to have problem free browsing tonight I'd recommend you do the same. ;)

Damn, ive been blaming my setup and checking everything.
Forgot about the legacy eircom problem.
Back again obviously!

Had same problem here. Changed my primary & secondary DNS settings with the help of a Boards.ie thread and it's working fine now.

so slow here too. Can seem to get into a few things but no email sites.

Same here. Only got in now after ages trying. Very annoying!

Happening to me on and off for the week now ... getting to be so annoying. They didn't even offer some goodwill gesture last time ... if it's going to become this regular, I'm going to have to change. Do most of my work online in the evening!!

Eircom.net me bum. Awaiting for important e-mails and simply cannot access them.

Yea me too. Wife kept nagging me it was my old computer but at least now see its Eircom problem

Yes you can fix this by using open dns servers
208.67.222.222 Primary
208.67.220.220 Secondary
Hope this helps:)

Following their transition from service provider to net censor, I've scrapped Eircom and I'm waiting for Perlico broadband to kick in later this month.

Same here. I just (within the last 10 mins) changed my primary DNS to 4.2.2.2 & my secondary DNS to 4.2.2.1 - which are both open DNS and I'm browsing to my heart's content now.

If you want to have problem free browsing tonight I'd recommend you do the same. ;)

Thanks for the tip.

Worked a treat.

:)

Back