Is EA delaying my sale

mihaela

Hello everyone!
I am currently looking to trade up. In September I have paid the deposit on a newly built house. I have spoken with the EA and I have explained my situation: I was in the middle of the mortgage process and I would have to sell my current property for equity release. He checked with the vendor and he was happy enough to go ahead. He offered to sell my current property ( this meant in my head that he would have a huge interest as it would be double win for him). I've rang in October asking how comes my property is not being advertised yet and he said i've never signed the contracts with him ( he never asked me or posted any contracts and I had a verbal agreement to go ahead with him) everything was signed the day after. I've rang in Nov looking for an update and he said he's lining up some cash buyers and if he has time, he'll put the property on the Internet that evening ( hasn't happened yet). He knows that the mortgage is approved and i was told in Sept that the house was ready to move in. ( not sure if that's the case as houses were sold in Sept, but no one lives in the estate yet). I'm afraid i've made the wrong decision and I don't understand the delay.
He's part of one of the well known agencies.

Thank you in advance for your help.

As he hasn't done anything yet and incurred no costs, write to him cancelling the contract and appoint someone else who will at least take care of the basics.

Back