Is 0 10 20 suitable instead of Offical Autumn Lawn Fertilizer

PaddyH

Hi,

Is 0 10 20 (0 Nitrogen, 10 Phosphate, 20 Potassium) suitable instead of an official Autumn Lawn Fertilizer? I have this fertilizer at home and would save me having to buy other fertilizer.

Will do fine. 01020 or even 0730. There basically a greening fertilizer with no nitrogen with is the growing part. Hence the 0.

Where can I buy this - Farmers co-op ?

Is it much cheaper than the likes of your "westland" autumn feed ?

Is there something similare that will Feed and Weed ?

TIA

0 10 20 can be bought at any local co-op or other retail unit that normally sells fertilizer.

I'm now thinking of going with 6 7 17 (another regular fertilizer) as the Evergreen autumn care - http://www.lovethegarden.com/products/lawncare/egautumn.html is 6 5 10 so 6 7 17 is close enough.

6 7 17 is €25 a bag approx where as EverGreen Autumn Care could cost €100 to do the same thing.

Normal fertilizer will do little to control weeds so the official autumn care stuff has an advantage there - but there is a major difference in price.

Its 7 - 6 - 17 + 5% sulphur close enough. Its in 50kg bags. It will do nothing whatsoever to combat moss or weeds. It is purely a fertilizer.

just as a matter of interest has anyone experience with these "official" Autumn care products and how well do they control weeds and moss etc?

They are good. but they only contain products that are available in neat forumations. If there is a problem with weeds in lawn. You best spray then fertiliser. The weed and feed are only good for mild cases. Also if you look at bag it gives the fetilizer formulation and also says chemical ingredient probally mcpa or similar.

I guess 0 10 20 would be similiar enough to 0 7 30 - BUT I don't think either is going to help your patch of ground this time of the year - as both contain NO Nitrogen - the first 0 represents Nitrogen - might be better to try 7 6 17 or even 10 10 20 - something with Nitrogen anyway. 0 10 20 and 0 7 30 are ideal in late autumn where you don't want the grass to grow

Back