Irish Planning News

P

planner

I have set up a new website about planning to keep abreast of planning matters in Ireland. It's called Irish Planning News and includes articles about new legislation, new guidelines, court cases, significant decisions etc.

http://irishplanningnews.ie/

Hi planner

I had a quick look at that.

I presume it's more geared towards professional planners than for most Askaboutmoney users who would need advice on their home or in objecting to some local development?

Brendan,

The intention is that it is for use by the general public as well as professionals as there is no one-stop shop for planning in Ireland. Whilst some articles are more technical the bulk of the articles are non-technical. For example there is a specific category on Exempted Development. The website is only up and running about a month but I would expect that the Residential category will contain a lot more articles over the coming months, particularly in relation to rural housing issues etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Planner

If I got the impression it was for professionals, a lot of others will do as well.

I think you should put up some quick articles for the general public - even a prominent page of links or an FAQ so that people will come back to it in the future.

Brendan

Hi Planner
Just my 2 p... I got the impression it was more advertising for consultancy than anything else. But nothing wrong with that...

Brendan,

Appreciate the feedback. I'll certainly look at that.

Back