Irish People being threathened by their Government

Problem in Irish politics is multi-seat STV PR. The result is that populist parish pump politicians get in (think Lowry, the Shinners, most of Labour, or Healy-Rae), with an inevitable Left wing cute hoor bias resulting.

There really is a need for a strong right of centre party to stand up to the unions, the church and the bankers and to pull Ireland out of the mire.

There really is a need for a strong right of centre party to stand up to the unions, the church and the bankers and to pull Ireland out of the mire.

I'd be interested in hearing how "standing up to the Church" (I presume you mean the Catholic Church) is supposed to cure our economic woes. The political & media establishment that presided over our recent & current disaster is, if anything, generally quite hostile to the Catholic Church.

Of course the Irish people feel threatened by our government. Only on Sunday a government spokesman indicated that the robbery of peoples' bank accounts in Cyprus was fair and just. Do our government know what they are doing? I dont think so. I dont trust them and feel nobody in their right mind trusts them either. Unfortunately, the government before this lot were worse. So we dont even have a choice.

Enda Kenny said that Cyprus was getting a great deal. Michael Noonan supported the EU stance and a spokesman for Labour this morning on the Pat Kenny show said that he didn't see anything wrong in taking money from someone who has €200k but not smaller sums (in Cyprus). He also suggested that the €100k bank guarantee was really only there for when banks go completly belly up but otherwise it was not guaranteed.

Michael Noonan/Enda Kenny seeing somethinhg positive in the Cyrus deal is very telling of these 2 individuals.

A marked contrast to their election manifesto and their previous rantings.

Michael Noonan/Enda Kenny seeing somethinhg positive in the Cyrus deal is very telling of these 2 individuals.
Why are the Taoiseach and Minister for Finance commenting on Hannah Montana :D ?

A marked contrast to their election manifesto and their previous rantings.

2 years after the election and you cite the manifesto :rolleyes: ? Looking forward to a windfall from the Easter Bunny ;) ?

So the Garda Sergeants who walked out from the conference are to be disciplined for their protest on the instructions of a government minister. More threats.

So the Garda Sergeants who walked out from the conference are to be disciplined for their protest on the instructions of a government minister. More threats.

They should all walk out out next time in solidarity. It is such a pity that we have to wait 3 years for the next election. I hope that we never see the likes of Fine Gael and Labour ever again.

This government think that they are smart taking a hard line approach to everything. Big mistake.

I hope that we never see the likes of Fine Gael and Labour ever again.

And what do you hope for ? Presumably not Fianna Fail, so a coalition of Sinn Fein and the United Left Alliance ?

Be careful of what you wish for.

Back