Irish pension when moving back to France

ghi

The rain got the better of me and we decided to move back to France.
I have been working here for over 20 years ( PAYE) and paid PRSI.
I am trying to figure out mu entitlements with regards to pension when i reach 66.

I know that France and Ireland have agreements but not sure how it works. Any tips / help appreciated.
As far as i know i will get the contributory pension of €195 / week here in Ireland since i paid PRSI for more than 20 years and less than 29.
I will get my French pension in France for whatever i contributed over there.

Will this be paid separately ? How does it work exactly ?
Thank you !

You have contributed for 20 years so you will get Ir Contributory pension circa E 195 on retirement.
That e 195 can be paid into any account within Europe.It will be a separate from any pension you will get in France.

It appears that to get any Contributory Pension in any EU country you need 10 + years of contributions.

It means you will get.

Pension of circa 195 from Ir Contributions.

Pension of ??? from French Contributions (subject I believe to 10 years+)

Pension of ??? from any private or work related pension.
The pension people in Ire/France etc are well used to the systems so if you have the years done it is a simple nuff process and the pension people are helpful, and yes you get 2 (state) pensions .

you may be able to (join) up both pensions but only do that if the gross amount is more than 2 separate funds .

You said {move back} , it may well be you already have years credited in France?

So this is how it works, as set out by the EU: When you reach retirement age you make an application for pension in the country where you are resident. As part of that application you are required to provide details of all EU countries where you made contributions. The French authorities will then contact each country and obtain details of your contributions. They will then do a series of calculations to see how your contributions can be combined to give you the maximum pension. The Irish authorities will then be informed as to how much, if any, they are required to pay you and the remainder will be paid the French authorities. Note that is possible that the entire pension could end up being paid by one authority, if that results in the highest pension!

Back