Irish Ferries booking problem

R

r2d2

Hi All,

We went to France with Irish Ferries back in July.....I booked online and am about 98% sure I selected a 'with cabin' option for both outward and inward journeys (when I say 98% it's beacuse we looked at so many different date options but certainly wouldn't have entertained an option with no cabin, well certainly not intentionally anyway) Anyway, when we got onto the ship they told us we hadn't booked a cabin and had to pay an additional €100....This happened on the way back as well. I had intended to take this up with them on my return but have let it slip.....Has anyone else encountered a similar problem ?

Thanks,

r2d2

Did you receive a booking confirmation at the time?

Was the price you actually paid commensurate with that for a cabin?

Did you receive a booking confirmation at the time?

Was the price you actually paid commensurate with that for a cabin?

Yes I did, it made no reference to a cabin but as it was the first time we had ever been on a ferry we just assumed that you were allocated your cabin on check-in...much the same way with your seat on a plane. I'm going to check again re; the pricing and revert to this thread.

Details of accommodation booked are listed in the confirmation email you receive under the outward journey information. If it is not listed here then it was not booked.

Back