Ireland v Russia Ticket Prices

I think that is for the Russia game and the friendly against Norway in November.
€50 for Russia game and €40 for the friendly.
You have to buy the two of them together.

Compared to the GAA test series with Australia...
€25 Stand, €20 Terrace, or €40 for 2 game package (covered seating) it does seem a bit pricy

I still think it is unfair that you have to buy the tickets for both games.
They are on different days of the week and some people would not be able to make both games.

I still think it is unfair that you have to buy the tickets for both games.
They are on different days of the week and some people would not be able to make both games.

I agree. I am completly sick of international friendlies. They mean nothing. If they can't get a decent crowd for Lansdowne without resorting to these tactics, they should either not hold the game or should move it to another part of the Country. I am sure people around Cork, Limerick, Galway etc would like the opportunity to go to a game without having to come to Dublin

why would anyone shell out huge amounts of money for watching ireland lose?

"running away"

I have two teenage sons who I would like to bring too. We never missed a game at Lansdowne in over ten years.... and that wasn't cheap! The new policies of the FAI are madness. The GAA are so much more family friendly. Myself and a couple of friends are now planning to bring our lads to a good pub with a big screen and good atmosphere and have burgers and chips while enjoying the matches. We may consider away games if we can fit a holiday around them.

They are pricing fans out of sporting events these days.

And this recent idea of selling blocks of tickets is getting to be a pain. OK so I know its about maximising revenue, and many will not be interested in the friendly, but the FAI are biting the hand that feeds them. The IRFU too.

Would it not be better to charge €50 as usual for the Russia game, then perhaps €10 for every ticket for the friendly, that way you might get a sell-out?

Hubby wanted to bring our son because we adopted him from Russia and we always shout for Russia in any sporting event.
But nearly E200 is totally out of the question and there is no reduction for kids. I guess we'll be watching it on TV.
It's crazy really, surely they won't have a sell out crowd whereas if the tickets were cheaper they would sell more of them .

Compared to the GAA test series with Australia...
€25 Stand, €20 Terrace, or €40 for 2 game package (covered seating) it does seem a bit pricy

Depends on your outlook - plenty of people would see 25 euro as 24 euro too much to watch a GAA match.

I think its simple supply and demand, FAI will charge what they think spectators will pay.

Depends on your outlook - plenty of people would see 25 euro as 24 euro too much to watch a GAA match.

I think its simple supply and demand, FAI will charge what they think spectators will pay.

But that's the point. They are not. They are forcing people to buy tickets for a game that they might not want to go to.

That's why you get games like Andorra where the stadium is half-empty.

People have had to purchase more than one ticket and simply don't go to one although they have paid for the ticket.

The FAI claims that attendance is 41,000 but that is simply the number of tickets they have sold.

Don't forget that as well as the ticket, people from outside of Dublin will have to pay for public transport, a bite to eat, maybe a few pints, a programme.

You'd be lucky to get away with €100 per person all things included.

Don't forget that as well as the ticket, people from outside of Dublin will have to pay for public transport, a bite to eat, maybe a few pints, a programme.

You'd be lucky to get away with €100 per person all things included.

That means, I assume , not eating and drinking inside the stadium. From what I've heard and read, a ticket and a pint and a sandwich won't give you much change out of €100.

Andorra next year perhaps? It will be played in Barcelona. That's what I am thinking anyway.

VOR, that's a great idea! I brought my lads to Barcelona two years ago. We had a great time. Great hotel, restaurants, shopping, coastal boat trip, tour of Camp Nou!

Andorra next year perhaps? It will be played in Barcelona. That's what I am thinking anyway.

Me too VOR.
I went to the Italy game in Bari last year and it was a super trip. First time to an away game and organised the whole 2 day trip for €370 including match ticket. It made me think that the money I'ld save not going to the home games would easily fund an away trip per qualifying campaign. This group is disappointing for trips but as you say, Andorra play their home games in Barcelona.
However, I read somewhere that they are playing more of their games in Andorra itself and I noticed that's where they played Russia a few weeks ago.

Went to Bari too last year - fantastic trip and value (match tickets were €6 by the way). Wouldn't dream of paying FAI prices and certainly not being dragged into their 'bundle' deals either.
Much better craic at away games with brilliant supporters.

Was in Bari mesself last year.

The craic in the square was amazing. Very welcoming people.

Lets face it at these prices they will be deseprately trying to sell tickets on the day.

I refuse to get stung with mediocre rubbish games again to seee the big match.

We need to show Delaney we are not a cash cow and vote with our wallets.

I go to all the home games and as many away games as possible and have attended the three World Cups and the Euro Championship that we have qualified for.

Personally I think that the season ticket at €395 for nine games is excellent value particularly as my tickets are on the half way line !

I agree that the friendlies can be a pain and that the FAI are being cynical in terms of bundling such games with the qualifiers but hey that's business !

Personally I endeavour to go to every home game and thousands more seem to of the same mind as I believe all the season tickets have been sold with many more disappointed !

Back