IPod not playing songs

T

TTx

Hi there, Just wondering does anyone know how to fix a problem that i'm having with my ipod. it goes to play the song on the screen but then it never actually starts playing the song. Its an 80gb if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't play anything? And never did? Or used to work? In which case what changed? Or it's only with a specific track? In short - more info necessary.

Hi again, it used to work grand until a few days ago, only bought it in February. It wont play any songs, when you choose a song to play & go to play it..on the screen it comes up as if its gonna play it (for example-track 1 of 18, name of song, artist, & album & under that the length of song bar thing) but doesnt actually start playing it, the screen just stays still then. how do you reset it? turned it on & off lots of times but no joy. thanks, T.

If resetting it does not resolve it, then the files may have been deleted from the iPod - if you select say song 1 on an album, does it skip through the entire album? By any chance did you accidentially delete the files through Windows Explorer? In this case all the song/album/artist information would remain on the iPod but the actual music files would be gone. The only way to fix this is to sync the iPod with your iTunes library.

If you're not getting any joy trying to fix it yourself, I can highly recommend [broken link removed]. My ipod died recently and I found this crowd on line. You can send your ipod off to them, they can check what's wrong (for free), let you know how much it will cost to fix, and you can then decide whether to go ahead or not. You're under no obligation and can ask them to return the ipod unfixed if their quote is too high.

I sent mine off on a Monday, they diagnosed some problem with the hard drive, fixed it for €35, and returned it registered post to me - arrived on the Friday. It's been working perfectly since.

I'm not connected with ipodrepairs, by the way!!

Ooops - I see you only bought in February. Stick with the warranty so!!

Last edited:
Back