Investment Apartments under 350k - North Dublin

scorcher

Hi,

I would really like to buy a second property in North Dublin to rent out. Realistically it would have to be a 2 bed. But the prices of all the new developments up around that area seem to be outrageous, especially attached to the new Hilton Hotel at Clarehall...Also now looking at development across the rd Belamyne...Is this area over rated? Would prefer not to be a part of just another sprawling mass of apartments if possible...but with my budget dont think that this is realistic?? Heeeelppp!
Am getting very disillusioned!

scorcher said:
Hi,

I would really like to buy a second property in North Dublin to rent out. Realistically it would have to be a 2 bed. But the prices of all the new developments up around that area seem to be outrageous, especially attached to the new Hilton Hotel at Clarehall...Also now looking at development across the rd Belamyne...Is this area over rated? Would prefer not to be a part of just another sprawling mass of apartments if possible...but with my budget dont think that this is realistic?? Heeeelppp!
Am getting very disillusioned!

have u checked out beaupark near donaghmede, u should get a 2 bed in your budget

Have u looked at Northwood in Santry at moment sold out but new phase should be launched soon, Last phase Parklands 2 Beds well under 350K 3 beds for 335K nice development go up and have a look
Also have u looked at Swords? Lots of apartments going up their, town seems to be booming not sure of prices, but would have thought u would get something for under 350K?

Yep, but think that Parklands are going to be a lot more expensive in next phase... Havent heard great reports on Beaupark, problems with flooding?? This true? Is Santry a good rental area, or would ClareHall be better? There are some new 2 Beds coming on-line in "The Coast" on the Grange Rd end which may be priced in around the 360k mark.... Any feedback from anyone living in these areas would really be appreciated..

What about the development at Hampton Wood? not sure if its glasnevin/finglas as im not too familiar with North Dublin but they look like nice apartments.

scorcher said:
Yep, but think that Parklands are going to be a lot more expensive in next phase... Havent heard great reports on Beaupark, problems with flooding?? This true? Is Santry a good rental area, or would ClareHall be better? There are some new 2 Beds coming on-line in "The Coast" on the Grange Rd end which may be priced in around the 360k mark.... Any feedback from anyone living in these areas would really be appreciated..

have u looked at rhese [broken link removed] no price on them but huge tax relief and they are city centre so good rental area

Here is another one, second hand though so stamp duty is an issue [broken link removed] based in beaumont and the price has been dropped from 375 to 349

Yes they do look really nice, but unfortunately they re in Dublin 11....Finglas.
Should you not be more concerned with rentability which is normally fairly dependent on local amenities, transport links and closeness to city centre. Remember if you're lucky enough to get a tenant they won't come burdened with pre-conceptions about various areas of the city.

Where the M50 meets the M1, and proximity to the Dart would provide that, hopefully in an area that does not have or get, a reputation like Finglas! Plus not everyone works in the City Centre!

Okay, understandable, i thought for some reason they were down near the new developments on the finglas.glasnevin border - ie prospect hill, premier square etc. If they're up at the M50 end that's a bit out of the way alright.
Re the Finglas reputation, part of finglas is rough alright, but the greater part of it is'nt - its even got a superquinn!!

scorcher said:
Yep, but think that Parklands are going to be a lot more expensive in next phase... Is Santry a good rental area, or would ClareHall be better?

Scorcher you might be right on prices for next phase..be interesting to see!

Santry I think, not that I have rented there would be as good as Clare Hall for Rental, Near to Airport, Santry Business Parks, DCU, Close to M50 and easy commute from town etc..

Only Down side not near to Dart but should have metro in 10 years ! :)

I have heard Premier Square Finglas is good for rental and its very convenient for town

Back