Investing in Uk Property Market best way to finance

T

the guru

Hi,
I am looking at investing in the UK property market.
What is the best way to finance buy to lets and what bank is the best to deal with.
Or is it possible to borrow in euros against the property in the UK.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Guru

Best is to find someone in the north that will give you a rate under 5% and invest with this rate. I don't know if it's possible getting a Euro rate and either way you may have issues with currency fluctuation. Also worth nothing that interest rates are high in England at the moment but this doesn't mean to say that longer term they don't end up lower than ECB rates!

doberden said:
Best is to find someone in the north that will give you a rate under 5% and invest with this rate. I don't know if it's possible getting a Euro rate and either way you may have issues with currency fluctuation. Also worth nothing that interest rates are high in England at the moment but this doesn't mean to say that longer term they don't end up lower than ECB rates!

I don't know anything about the North but interest rates are not high in the UK at present. The general high-street lender rate was in the double-figures in the early 90's, plummeted to 8.5% (fixed rate repayment mortgage) in 1995 and now averages around 5% APR. Given the general economic UK conditions of poor retail trading for the past 2 years and a continuing fall in property-values of10% in some areas, with increased selling-time for the past 2 years it is most unlikely interest rates will fall further and I wondered where you gained this impression and what objective you felt a further interest-rate cut would have?

Thank you for the responses but I am still in the dark as to what banks offer the best interest only mortgages to Irish Residents investing in the UK or is it possible to use euros to invest and take on the currency risk.

The guru

Hi

You will be doing well to get a Euro loan, against a UK property unless your proposing a very low loan-vs-value ... in particular, on a residential property, as there are mixed views in the markets about UK residential investment properties.

As an alternative, consider a UK commercial investment syndicate - they are generally geared funds, offer more stability with regards to leases, less hastle rarding maintenance, tax returns etc etc

[broken link removed] comes to mind, as do a few others (you've seen the Irish Life fund mentioned on AAM already no doubt & EBS also have a fund I am sure)

Cheers

G>
[broken link removed]

Back