investing in stock market with nib

ocean

i have just opened an account with nib its there stockmarket account. what i was advised to do was drip feed into it like put money in at different times,i have 20k for this and any advice would be appreciated

Are you sure that NIB's charges are competitive?

Difficult to give any further advice without some more detailed information about your overall financial circumstances, aims/plans etc.

Their stockmarket account is pretty competitive, I have opened one of those too now. Look in this forum (> Banking) for info on their charges, seems to be one of the best when you want it easy and invest from here.
I'm not sure about investing in fonds (I suppose that's what is meant by drip-feeding) through NIB though. I was looking at individual shares.
If NIB do fonds, how do they compare to Quinn Life Fonds, e.g. choice, and cost. Does anyone out there have experience with them?

Fanny

Their stockmarket account is pretty competitive, I have opened one of those too now. Look in this forum (> Banking) for info on their charges, seems to be one of the best when you want it easy and invest from here.
I'm not sure about investing in fonds (I suppose that's what is meant by drip-feeding) through NIB though. I was looking at individual shares.
If NIB do fonds, how do they compare to Quinn Life Fonds, e.g. choice, and cost. Does anyone out there have experience with them?

Fanny

They are pretty competitive alright and simple to use for execution only share trading. One question though, what's a 'fond'? Is that supposed to be funny (or fanny)?

thanks lads what i have is 20k spare cash and i want to try the stock market and see what i can make.yes indivuidal shares what i want to know is basically where do i start like what way should i spread it around. im also not afraid of risk

I spoke to a colleague who informed me that their exchange rates on non irish share dealing is quite poor, you could check that out yourself though Im sure

i found sharewatch easier to set up having been in to NIB so I did that. Transactions very straightforward - flat charge of E 19.95 - and I pick and choose my own shares on irish and uk exchange. US available over the phone I believe but I haven't done that yet.

no connection to sharewatch.

They are pretty competitive alright and simple to use for execution only share trading. One question though, what's a 'fond'? Is that supposed to be funny (or fanny)?

Hi Rambo,

No it's simply because I mixed it up: I meant to say fund. ;)

Fanny

Back