Investing in Commercial Property

clarecelt

Hi,
I am currently planning to return to investing in property in Ireland and currently looking at commercial properties.

I have some residential units but looking at some value in commercial and wondering if anyone can outline the costs with managing a commercial premises as it is a different beast than residential.

I am concerned as regards rates, any other taxes and liabilities not incurred on residential.

Many thanks

I don't know much about it, but you should try to make your investment before the end of the year as any gains over the next 7 years would be exempt from CGT.

Brendan

I am concerned as regards rates, any other taxes and liabilities not incurred on residential.

And you'd be right. Have a look at a poster called Oldnick, he did some excellent posts on being a commercial landlord.

Yes Brendan, Bronte .
My plan is to invest at this side of Xmas due to the GGT 7 year exemption.

From what I have seen so far on the commercial front there are plenty of properties and have very good long term potential but in the immediate future one could be looking at a vacant commercial property for some time.

Hope I can get a breakdown of the commercial costs and yields before I pursue this.
Thanks

I don't know much about it, but you should try to make your investment before the end of the year as any gains over the next 7 years would be exempt from CGT.

This has been further extended in this years Budget for an additional year.

Back