Invalidity Pension + CE scheme

netz

Hi, could anyone tell me can I do a CE scheme whilst on Invalidity pension, without my pension being affected? I have been reading up on the rules, but Im unsure if my payment will be cut? Its only a one year contract - so I really would like to try to see if I would be able to go back to work in the long term. What happens after the one year - does DSW automatically assume you are fit to return to work? Any help appreciated thanks.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/invalidity.aspx

A CLAIMANT MUST OBTAIN WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE DEPARTMENT BEFORE STARTING WORK/COURSES. FAILURE TO OBSERVE THE ABOVE CAN LEAD TO THE DISALLOWANCE OF THE PENSION AND TO LEGAL PROCEEDINGS.
Any Invalidity claimant who wishes to obtain an exemption, from Condition 2 of the Conditions for claimants in Receipt of Invalidity Pension, to participate in a FAS training course or in a CE scheme should contact his or her local FAS Office. All first-time requests for exemptions received through FAS will be granted automatically.
In all other cases, the application together with a recommendation from the claimant's GP and details of the proposed training/work are forwarded to a Medical Advisor.
During the period covered by the exemption, the claimant will not be sent for medical examination by the Department's Medical Advisors.

Back