INTO seeks swine flu reassurances

MPSOX you assume that if a Principal has to ring a pupils home that
1. they have a phone
2. there is someone there
3. they can come to collect the child
4. they give a damn

I've no doubt that there may be occassions when a parent may be uncontactable, but if the parent doesn't give a damm or deems something else to be more important then the welfare of their child, then the next call should be to social services or the Gardai reporting a child in danger.

When was the last time you checked all the taps in your workplace?

friend of mine is a headmaster, he was in the school 2 weeks before it opened making sure everything was working fine and organising repairs for anything that needed repairing/changing bulbs etc. Why the heck can't the rest of them do that?

friend of mine is a headmaster, he was in the school 2 weeks before it opened making sure everything was working fine and organising repairs for anything that needed repairing/changing bulbs etc. Why the heck can't the rest of them do that?

Sounds like most teachers/headmasters that I know. Did you ask your friend if he checked every tap in his building?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr. If there was a problem with the taps or water supply it's clearly in the interest of hygiene that a school would have to close. Just think of the amount of people in a school and the close contact which they have with each other. Straight forward. I think too many people look at schools as a means of 'babysitting' anyway. And as for the two months holidays? Why didn't you become teachers if its so great! ;)

(Im stirring my cauldron as I type!)

Back