Interview process?

Dublander

Went for a 2nd round interview 3 weeks ago, heard nothing back so rang them last week, they said they were very impressed and they would be in contact early this week, again heard nothing so rang them yesterday, said they had not discussed it yet, told them I have an offer which I do but it is a 6 month contract so don't want to take it, said they would call this morning, nothing again. If I don't hear anything do you think I should call them again towards the end of next week?? btw I made clear the offer I had was something I was thinking about but not sure.

Does it usually take this long? Waiting for an answer is driving me mental!!

Sounds like a fairly excessive wait to me, also sounds like you are being fobbed off....depends on how much you want the job I guess...

Sounds like a fairly excessive wait to me, also sounds like you are being fobbed off....depends on how much you want the job I guess...

well last week the guy was out sick so thats fair enough, but this week is a different story, I understand that they are very busy and I don't want to be pestering them but I agree it is a long wait, wish people could just give a straight answer! When I said I had an offer it seemed to apply a small bit of pressure and that is when he said he would contact me this morning!

Yeah I can imagine you dont want to be ringing every day, but at the same time.....

Is it directly or through an agency?

Yeah I can imagine you dont want to be ringing every day, but at the same time.....

Is it directly or through an agency?

It is directly, that is why I just think they haven't gotten around to making a decision yet and again why I want to be very careful about pestering them. It is a small enough company as well so no real HR, that means I am dealing with one of the directors who prob has a lot on his plate besides me but still very annoying!

Awkward alright by the sounds of it....maybe leave it till Monday?

Awkward alright by the sounds of it....maybe leave it till Monday?

was going to leave a while longer, they seem to be in no big rush......but I am not going to take the 6 month contract so will have to let them know at some stage that I haven't taken that job and want this one.

Now would you mail or call? I think I might mail as then it is in front of him every day unless of course he just deletes it! :)

Dublander - there is another possible reason for their delay in getting back to you. Were you the only person called back for a second interview? It could be that although you impressed them a lot, there was another person who also impressed and they have offered this person the job. They may be hedging their bets and waiting to see if this person will accepts / rejects the offer. I hope that this is not the case and it really is just that they are slow to getting around to making a decision, but it may be worth bearing in mind before you pass up the other job.

Dublander - there is another possible reason for their delay in getting back to you. Were you the only person called back for a second interview? It could be that although you impressed them a lot, there was another person who also impressed and they have offered this person the job. They may be hedging their bets and waiting to see if this person will accepts / rejects the offer. I hope that this is not the case and it really is just that they are slow to getting around to making a decision, but it may be worth bearing in mind before you pass up the other job.

have considered that too, there were 4 of us called back, well in full time employment now so not going to go for the 6 month contract when I could be without anything after that. Do you think it would take this long for someone to accept a position in the climate though?

Got a response today they actually had chosen me as the most suitable candidate but the position is on hold for at least 2 months, that is the 2nd time that has happened me in 1 month!! 3rd time lucky maybe!

Back