Internet Explorer 7

Seems to me you are against from the start for some reason

I just downloaded it, and don't like it thats all, So can you tell me how to get back IE6 thanks ?

Somebody already told you earlier! Uninstall IE7 and Windows should revert back to IE6. If, for some reason, it doesn't then .

Wheels said this Clubman

As far as I remember you can uninstall it from the Add/Remove programme in windows XP and it just reverts back to IE6

As far as I remember

Didn't sound definitive to me, and as we all aren't computer experts I though someone else could give me a definitive answer before I go and mess up my notebook:( Thanks for the link

Last edited by a moderator:
downloaded IE7 yesterday and since then when i open a webpage very often a message comes up saying that it needs to close itself down and then it closes.
Anyone have any idea what would be causing this or anything i need to do?
Thanks

Basically saying that an unexpected error has occured and apologies if you are in the middle of something but Internet Explorer needs to close down.

Just found wording of message on help page for IE6 (don't know if info relevant for IE7):
Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem.

Last edited:
Very generic error so very hard to pin it down on the basis of the information posted. Could be due to lots of things including - hard disk problems/file corruption, virus/malware infection, driver mismatch/misconfiguration, dodgy memory etc. etc.

"A webpage" and "very often" are not exactly specific details either.

Back