Internal fire door

TheManWho

Am I correct in thinking that for a 2 story semi-d there is no requirement in building regulations for internal doors to be FD30 fire doors?

I want to put a door in my kitchen that has some glass in it. Door supplier does not supply an FD30 version of it. All of my other internal doors are FD30.

You would need to get specific advice for your specific property and sometimes there may be something that changes the general rule but yes generally a 2 storey house does not have fire doors to the hallways as there is a safe means of escape from the height which changes when you move to 3 storey. It makes complete sence where possible have a fire door to the kitchen for obvious reasons.

No floor above 3.5m, so your typical 2 storey house does not require a fire door anywhere, unless you convert the attic then the door the new storey must be a fire door but that's a different argument for a different day.

It's worth noting that if you want a fore door glazed, there are many suppliers available that offer this. The glazing can be pyroglass and complies with TGDB self closing door requirements.

Back