Interactive brokers

FintanJ

I have opened an account. How do you enable purchases of shares in Dublin market?

1. Open up Trader Workstation.

2. In the top right hand corner in the 'Help/Ticker Lookup' box (beneath the current time) type your stock of choice, Bank of Ireland, Glanbia, Kingspan etc

3. The Irish shares will have the letters 'ISED' after the company name.

4. Select the instrument, add it to the Financial Instrument column/field and proceed as you would with any other stock.

If you have any difficulties contact the Interactive Brokers helpdesk.

How come they don't list Ireland/Dublin here?

https://www.interactivebrokers.ie/en/index.php?f=37908&p=europe

2. In the top right hand corner in the 'Help/Ticker Lookup' box (beneath the current time) type your stock of choice, Bank of Ireland, Glanbia, Kingspan etc

4. Select the instrument, add it to the Financial Instrument column/field and proceed as you would with any other stock.

Thank you for the detailed reply. I have not yet had chance to try.

@AAAContributor Are you sure that that will purchase the shares on the Irish Stock Exchange? As @ClubMan noted, they do not list the Irish Stock Exchange as one that they provide access to, so, while I know you can still find Irish companies on there, I imagined (when I looked into this) that they would actually be purchased on one of the other exchanges on which they are listed and that IBKR does provide access to. In other words: when you refer to them having 'ISED' after their name, is that saying where it will perform the trade, or is that saying where the primary listing is? There might not be anything wrong with purchasing them on another exchange, but the liquidity might be lower.

I can't link to this site but FWIW...

Screenshot_20230817-222213.png

I opened interactive broker account. I transferred in a number of securities however they rejected the one Dublin share that I had requested.

I am happy to use it for my non Dublin shares.

Back