Health Insurance Insurance or not insurance

Marcoc

Dear All.

I need an advice on whether or not to subscribe for insurance plan.

I am 29 years old and I have recently moved to Ireland. I have been healhty so far in my life.

I was not intentioned to buy a medical insurance but once I moved here I had an attack of hives.
I went to a doctor and I paid 60€ for a visit and he basically just prescribed me some medicines. Although the medicines worked well, I still feel sometimes some itching and some irritation.

The doctor told me that could be an allergy. I was wondering whether is convenient to me just attending further visits with the doctor plus, in case, some exams (blood, allergy tests, etc.) paying by myself or if, considering the situation, buying an insurance?

Thanks in advance for your precious help.

Hi Marcoc,

Welcome to Askaboutmoney.com and welcome to Ireland. , I would say that gp visits would be sufficient to deal with this particular complaint. It will probably take a bit more time to deal with.
A health insurance plan would have a 6 month waiting time, starting off as a new customer. Also, pre-existing conditions would not be covered for 2 years, so it would not be beneficial to you.
Hope this helps.

Snowyb

Back