Insurance for french camping and travel

practitioner

We hope to go with car to France this summer.Has anyone recommendations for personal and vehicular insurance for the 2 weeks while away?We don't intend travelling anywhere else abroad for rest of year.We have a Quinn health policy but it does not cover foreign travel.

As far as I know your regular car insurance will cover you for the first 30 days abroad in the EU. After that its only 3rd party.

I don't know if the fact you are pulling a caravan affects things.
I suggest emailing your insurer and asking.

Re health insurance you will be covered for any emergency treatment by your europaen health insurance card which you and all the family apply for on www.ehic.ie If you have to go to a GP its costs around €22 where I live.
The worst case scenario would be if you have to have an air ambulance home or fly a body home. Perhaps you can enquire about insurance for these unlikely events.

We got our family travel insurance thru vhi...dunno if they are competitive or not.

sometimes if you pay 50% or more by credit card you are covered by travel insurance, I know this works on BOI Mastercard platinum. As to what exactly that covers you for I'm not fully sure (do you ever really know until you make a claim...), buts its all there in the small print.

We hope to register for E111 card...thanks for suggestion.We were just wondering re insurance in case of car breakdown and also the keycamp website suggested you needed insurance and if not in place, campsite will take deposit...presumably for breakages etc.

Have used AA Five Star Travel Insurance in past.
Not cheap but pretty comprehensive cover.

[broken link removed]

VHI Multitrip insurance has a motoring option.
You could try ringing them & seeing if a caravan & camping in covered in theT&C's

Try getcover.com usually very cheap. We have travelled to France for last couple of years with car on campsites it is a fantastic holiday no problems with driving on French roads.

Keycamp will look for a deposit in anycase. This is only a precautionary measure and I find they are very happy to return it at the end without major examination of mobile home.

Back