Motor Insurance company charges €20 for proof of no claims

bluemac

I swap my insurance 1 year to the next wife to husband so we don't lose our no claims, I keep all my documents in one place for car insurance..
so after a year I take out new insurance in my name and need proof of no claims, I call the company Q____Me.ie they claim they sent it out, i say no i didn't recieve it and they tell me a new rule has come in where they charge you €20 for it to be resent. I say but I didnt get it, doesnt matter you have to pay it, I say well I will never come back to you as a customer they say fine!! is this another RIP off ireland.. You spend 500- 600 make no claims then want a document sent out and they charge you for it.

Do others do this now?

If it's not in their terms of business then they cannot charge you, if it's in their terms of business then you accepted this condition when you took out the policy.

It sounds a bit unreasonable of them to charge €20 for a photocopy of 1-2 pages max. Are you 100% certain it wasnt at the back of the renewal documentation they would have sent you at renewal time?

they say it was but i didnt get the renewal.. either way I felt it was a bit harsh.. have to read the terms and conditions but she siad it was a new thing that has come in in the last year so since I took out a policy.. to be fair some one has to find it and post it so €20 isnt that bad i just felt it should be a service they provide..

They can't charge you for it if its not in the terms and conditions when you took out the policy. Even if they decided to charge for it half way through the policy year.

By the way was this charge mentioned in the renewal papers for the coming year.

Correct me if i've got this senario wrong but, If you are insured Yr1, Spouse Yr2, and i'ts your turn again Yr3. How can the insurance Co. send you out a proof of no claims for Yr2 if your spouse was the insured driver that year?

Back