Installing urinal in domestic bathroom

When I was a young lounge girl back in the day, I'd have to clean the mens loos at the end of the night, they had these blue detergent blocks in the urinal they stank!

When I was a young lounge girl back in the day, I'd have to clean the mens loos at the end of the night, they had these blue detergent blocks in the urinal they stank!

Ah I see - I didnt hang around the Gents much in my youth :)

Or you were enjoying your youth so much you don't remember :0 he he he only joking.

A mate of mine once confided in me that his girlfriend nearly convinced him to sit down when peeing to avoid any spills. Funny thing is she nearly had him trained until he saw the light. Most annoying thing about living with women is they always leave the seat down!

Most annoying thing about living with women is they always leave the seat down!

Please, please dont make inflammatory comments like that or a whole heap of us women are likely to list out the thousands of annoying things that men do!!! :D

Is it just me or does that sound a bit sleazy or something?
Caveat I was thinking back to the days when I was 16 and a lounge girl! with head tilted as I remembered my youth and sighing! Now 30th! ahh! I'd look a bit queer as a lounge girl :p

As someone who works in a male environment and whose office is only a few doors from the mens' toilets, any woman who would allow such a ' convenience' into her home needs her head examined!!!.
We have to deal with much more difficult situations in that small room, they only have to put the seat down and leave it clean after them and indeed most of them do at home, either through inate good manners or fear!!!
However, give them a urinal , they'll think they're at work or in the pub!!!
Smells!!!

A urinal at home? Are you serious? Why?
The smell alone should put anyone off, especially with asparagus season upon us:eek:

If you don't get the right shape you'll go thru' the "reflector" problems.
If you don't know what I mean, put on shorts and use the urinal... a rude education.

I hope you don't intend to used those yellow/blue cubes?
Or those rubber mats... why didn't these disappear with the smoking ban?

Then, what about these urinals being mis-used?

Been there myself, I'm afraid. In San Francisco "everybody's favourite city". Not as a user/abuser I hastily add... but I witnessed it... twice!!!
Now, I realise that the said city has 15,000 homeless people and that public toilets are a haven for this mis-fortunates, but reversing into a urinal... messy.

Don't do it. Your missus is right!

Those blue blocks smell lovely.. . whoever said they don't is mad...

Just draw a target on the bog... men love to aim at things....

What's so bad about sitting down when peeing? Have a bit of a break...

Guatama, that's funny about reversing into the urinal, he he, messy.

A relation of mine had many boys and installed a urinal, but it was the downstairs toilet. Being female myself I wouldn't like it in the ensuite, it just doesn't look good and I'm not squemish. Downstairs as compromise to the other half or if you really want it off the main bedroom put it in a separate room altogether, have the bathroom and another door for the the urinal. On the continent the actual toilet is nearly always separate to the bath/shower/sink. I know many men who sit down as they have given in to their other half on the toilet seat up/down debate - also think ladies loos at work are in a worse state then the men's. We have to put up signs in ours........

I wouldn't want one myself, but its a great idea for water conservation. I heard a while back about a specially designed toilet that had a seperate drain located forward from the main pan for men to pee into and avoid the need for all that fresh water.

I know many men who sit down as they have given in to their other half on the toilet seat up/down debate - also think ladies loos at work are in a worse state then the men's. We have to put up signs in ours........

As a matter of interest, how do you know? do you discuss toilet habits with male friends?. Bet you have great after dinner converstations ;)

Victor Horta's famous Art Noveau house in Brussels has one in the bedroom...

[broken link removed]

Davyjones, I was out with a bunch of lads and lassies last month for a quiet lunch with a wild bunch as it happens, and one female brought up the subject of her husband and the toilet seat. Of the 4 men there all with partners, 3 admitted they now do it sitting down and the 4th is still shocked that they do this, he couldn't get over it. The lady in questions husband obviously doesn't and mine I don't know what he does in the loo except he seems to use an enormous amount of toilet roll, but he does keep the seat down and one of the other ladies is divorced and staying that way and the last lady is single and desperate to get married so hasn't got to the toilet seat debate yet. None of the men and women were Irish except for myself if that helps and this conversation was tame by far based on our previous lunches but very funny.

How disgusting:mad::mad:

You'd think AAM has "sunk" to new lows. Aiming at the sink is better than the splashback effect from urinals, particularly when wearing light coloured trousers (though it is simpler to just sit down in a cubicle!). Besides, urine is sterile. Your toilet at home is probably a better place to eat lunch off than your desk at work!

Back