Instagram company deposit not refunded

tomheg

HI, my daughter paid a deposit for football tickets for my birthday via instagram for a match that got cancelled. She asked for a refund but was refused. After the refusal he is now saying he has a website with terms and conditions that says no refund. She would not have paid a deposit if she knew this. What can she do? Thanks in advance for any advice at all.

If the match was cancelled, then the seller failed to provide what was promised and a refund is due.

Terms and conditions cannot trump legal rights.

If she paid by card, do a chargeback.

Thank you for the advice.
From talking it out with my daughter he provides travel & tickets to matches via his company which he promotes via instagram facebook and a website.

HI, my daughter paid a deposit for football tickets for my birthday via instagram for a match that got cancelled. She asked for a refund but was refused. After the refusal he is now saying he has a website with terms and conditions that says no refund. She would not have paid a deposit if she knew this. What can she do? Thanks in advance for any advice at all.
You can’t point to terms and conditions to justify not providing something you’ve been paid to provide.

Even if you could, were the terms and conditions brought to her attention before purchase was completed? If not, you can’t just subsequently point to terms and conditions on a website and claim that’s your cover.

Instagram are unlikely to get involved, unless they bar the seller and that won't get the money back. Unclear how the OP's daughter paid for this, you could try a chargeback if paid via credit card but the seller is likely to point to the T&C's in the contract. Did she tick a box or accept the T&C's as part of payment? Card issuer may then reject the chargeback if that was the case.

Instagram are unlikely to get involved,
True, they don't process any sales on the platform. I'd agree with the above advice to process a chargeback on the card used for payment if the vendor isn't forthcoming.

Back