Inside pvc trim on glass in door falling off.

wbbs

There is panel of glass in my front door, door is pvc I presume or centre panel definitely is anyway. Where the panel of glass is inset the overlapping pvc trim is falling off, not sure if it was originally a separate piece like a strip just holding in the glass and siliconed or whether it seems to have cracked off into a strip.

Either way it is taped on now but what could I use to glue it back onto the glass edges, I can then neaten it up with white silicone. I bought glue cartridge for gun thing today but when I read the small print it says it will stick anything providing one side is porous, obviously neither the glass nor the pvc are so back to the drawing board.

Any suggestions as to best product, want to fix this tomorrow, sick of looking at duck tape on it.

Apply a bead of silicon to the trim, put it in place, and use your duck tape to hold it in place.

Remove the duck tape when silicon is set and then neaten up with more white silicon if necessary.

It was already repaired using just the silicone but it has started to come off again, the silicone only stayed properly stuck for a while and the pvc bit just separated in, that is why I thought I would need some sort of glue for that bit first.

Use a two-part epoxy resin for a permanent fix. Fill around the edges with clear silicone afterwards if required.

Great, will try that, heading off to the hardware shop now for supplies :)

Back