injured seagull

Delboy

there's an injured seagull on a roof beside me at work, i reckon it could have a broken wing.it's been there 3 days now and looks like it'll starve to death. ISPCA said they cant call out and to try and get a ladder to take it down. I would get a ladder myself but that won't be easy as it's not my company's property.
Even if i take it down, can anything be done for it?

Sorry I've only seen this post now. The poor thing is probably dead by now :(

Some years ago we found an injured seagull in our back garden. It appeared to have been attacked by a cat.

We took it to the local vet as we were told at the time that they would look after it. It died shortly after we got there.

Earlier this Summer I saw an injured juvenile magpie in my garden. It had been attacked by a cat. When I returned 3 hours later it was still alive and flapping about. The Vet (it was on Sunday) agreed to see it a couple of hours later. Unfortunately the Vet said there was nothing he could do - a leg was broken - so he put it to sleep. It was a futile exercise but at least it was put out of its agony. I did feel a bit stupid. I don't know if the Vet could have helped a bird with a broken wing; risking a fall off a roof wouldn't have been a good idea.

The remarkable thing was that while all this was going on, a number of magpies cackled and screamed in a tree overhanging the injured bird. It seemed as if they were protecting it from a further attack.

nope, it's still alive...somehow. 1 of the lads in work saw it fly on to a walkway nearby on monday -so it looks like it could be sick and not able to fly that much. it's not walking about as much as it was last week so it could be coming to an end. was thinking of feeding it, but whats the point as that may only prolong the whole thing

Back