Hello My first post on this site so not 100% sure where to plonk this question. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have just inherited a 50% share in my deceased parent's house. The probate has just been granted and we are just waiting on my deceased Mother's solicitor to gather together the assets (bank account/savings etc) and pay off the liabilities. I am keen to sell the house within the next 6 months and am willing to decrease the asking price by a fair and reasonable amount in order for a quick sale. My sibling - who inherited the other 50% share would prefer to hold off on selling and rent the property out for a few years as they are sure the Irish Property market will boom once again. There is a willingness to sell now but would prefer to only put it on the market for a short time and refuses to drop the asking price less than 50K off the initial asking price. There was a Will - which I have witnessed and it lists the estate being shared equally between the both of us. A relative was appointed as Executor at the time of Will writing. My questions are: If the house does not sell (for even the reduced amount my sibling has agree to go to) and yet still they cannot afford to buy me out (at a fair and compromised amount less than the standard 50% split) - what will happen? Can I be forced into renting the property by my sibling? Can the current 'Executor of the Will' have any authoritative say on what happens if we cannot reach an agreement? I have been informed that the "Executor has the power to decide and retains that power until the Estate is administered (ie all assets gathered in, liabilities paid and the balance paid to beneficiaries in accordance with their entitlements and apart from a sale of the house it is only if the house is transferred to the 2 of you that her role would end" I was somewhat confused by this if - surely if the Will requests the estate be split 50/50 - there are no 'if's" ? Lastly - what is the situation in regards to my sibling being forced to reduce the asking price in order for the property to sell? As I have been informed I will have to accept the property being rented if the worse comes to the worst and the house does not sell for the lowest price my sibling has outlined. Any help on this matter would be most helpful. Tks. *Edited to add - I am not currently living in Ireland. I am on the other side of the globe. I am planning to appoach an Independent Solicitor on this matter to represent me, but keen to know if anyone has any info to add.