Importing items

A

Adam.

Hi,

I've recently been looking to start a small eBay business dealing with mp3 accessories. Now I've been looking at suppliers in China before I start looking into setting it up here, however.. from what I've heard customs tend to charge more than the items that are being imported.

So, here's my question. Maybe someone can help or link me to something with detailed charges. I want to import a box of 200 covers which would cost €90 including shipping to Ireland.

What would I expect to be paying? What % is the import fee's and also is there vat thrown onto them? and what's the story with this 'admin' fee I've heard of that customs charge for their 'time'.

Hope someone can help.

- Adam.

if you have all your invoices in order with your order you will pay vat on the 90 euros
the administration you will pay will be to the shipping company not to customs
the admin fee is roughly 10 euro so you will be looking at 18.90 plus admin charge 10 euro

Hi,

I've recently been looking to start a small eBay business dealing with mp3 accessories. Now I've been looking at suppliers in China before I start looking into setting it up here, however.. from what I've heard customs tend to charge more than the items that are being imported.

So, here's my question. Maybe someone can help or link me to something with detailed charges. I want to import a box of 200 covers which would cost €90 including shipping to Ireland.

What would I expect to be paying? What % is the import fee's and also is there vat thrown onto them? and what's the story with this 'admin' fee I've heard of that customs charge for their 'time'.

Hope someone can help.

- Adam.

VAT is charged on top of the cost of shipping and import Duty.

Import duty is 12% - 90 x 12% = €10.80 + €90 = €100.80
Vat on top of that = 100.80 x 21% = €21.16 + 100.80 = €121.96

Admin charge = €10 as adam said + €121.96 = €131.96

Total Cost = €131.96

Back