Ikea in Dublin - possible to get goods delivered

Bronte

Is there a service whereby you can buy a couch/bed etc in Ikea and get it delivered 200 Km away?

Even though it was a condition of their planning permission IKEA have said that it is prohibitively expensive for them to set up a delivery service.

If you google it, you will get lots of companies that offer a delivery and also an assemby service. You are probably best to look for a local courier that does trips to Dublin who could bring it back on the return leg.

They do have a delivery service! They definitely deliver in the Dublin area. Not sure how far away but there were 3 zones, Dalkey where I live is in zone 2, so further away than that is zone 3 but not sure how far it extends. Prices seemed reasonable enough too.

This was more or less the question I wanted to ask also. I can see on the website that they do delivery but do I still have to go to the store to order or can I order by phone?

Read carefully: IKEA do not deliver. They provide a platform for independent contractors to deal with their customers.

You go to the store, purchase and collect your goods, and then hand them over to the delivery company and make a separate contract (with separate payment) for delivery.

I do not think that they provide a service where you can purchase remotely.

Back