Ikea Belfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will go to IKEA in Belfast as I used to make trips to Britain just to shop there. As I have a pretty large jeep I wouldn't be ordering in store and paying delivery. I would take things with me.

However, should there be an online delivery service I would use that a lot. I'm in Leinster. I could pick things from the brochure. In fact I emailed the Belfast store last week to ask if they will be doing online ordering (they didn't reply).

I would imagine the delivery charge should be based on the size and quantity of items bought. A flat fee whether it's a cushion or a sofa would be off-putting.

Something we have being tracking for some time now.
We have a lot of information on IKEA displayed on furniture.ie. It always generates a lot of interest anytime it is highlighted in the media.

Collection of goods from a central warehouse/depot might cut home doorstep delivery costs.

The following may be of interest

"If you would like to receive a copy of the 2008 IKEA catalogue please follow the process outlined below. Alternatively, catalogues are available to collect from your local IKEA store. Please note that we only deliver catalogues to addresses within the UK and ROI. For those who wish to receive a catalogue outside the UK and ROI visit your local IKEA website.)

1. Write to this address:

IKEA Ltd
2nd Floor
Salters House
Kelbrook Road
Salterforth
Lancashire
BB18 5TF

2. Enclose a cheque payable to "IKEA Catalogue" for £2.

3. Enclose a note with the name and address of where it should be sent.

Link from the website -

Online catalogue

Guys,

As you'll probably imagine we're a bit busy, home delivery will take place at £100 for 2 trolleys to counties donegal, cavan, monaghan, louth and dublin, everything else will be price on application until volumes are established. some will like, others won't but we have to hit the middle ground!

Thanks for all feedback!

Guys,

As you'll probably imagine we're a bit busy, home delivery will take place at £100 for 2 trolleys to counties donegal, cavan, monaghan, louth and dublin, everything else will be price on application until volumes are established. some will like, others won't but we have to hit the middle ground!

Thanks for all feedback!

Could you give us an idea of how much you could fit into 2 trolleys? For example would 2 doubles beds and a suite of furniture fit?

As you'll probably imagine we're a bit busy, home delivery will take place at £100 for 2 trolleys to counties donegal, cavan, monaghan, louth and dublin, !

What of items that are order in store for home delivery only-some sofa's for example or items which are not in stock on the day you visit. Can these be delivered to the ROI?
If not, you should consider offering this service-or why not deliver to a central point in Ireland and then let other regional carriers do the line haul from there around Ireland?

Guys,

Thanks for all feedback!
Thanks for the heads up. I shall consider it when I head to IKEA in the new year.

quick response guys,

1. a double bed equals a trolley, a sofa equals a trolley
2. the store carries almost all of the product lines, the only other items are custom made sofas or custom made worktops.
3. We will offer a home delivery service for all goods to the republic of ireland

Cheers guys

Guys,

Home Delivery to South set as follows for the foreseeable:

delivery to 5 counties already mentioned is £100 for 2 trolleys

delivery to other 21 counties is £150 for 2 trolleys, delivery normally within 7 days.

additional trolleys £50 each for both!

Merry Xmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back