If you havent repaid your bank loan in the UK can you be caught entering EU?

Even if there are CCJs registered against him there is no risk of arrest or imprisonment. The UK has moved along from the dirty past that Ireland is still stuck in.

Considering all the MP's and Lords & Ladies and Ministers in the cabinet in the UK have been claiming for mortgages and for home that did not exists as well as switching homes to avoid paying taxes and much more besides...list much too long to go into here.... not one of these people that are suppose have known better have been taken to task over their big scams... they are still in their lucrative part-time jobs with good salaries and long holidays. Also, a big pot of our taxes to dip into when they need to... your friend should not worry.

I have been here for 3 yrs 8 months and I have just received an Ordinary Civil Bill with regards to an unpaid UK bank loan. I was paying it and then could not afford it about 3 years ag and wrote to the bank but never received any reply until this civil bill arrived last week. Not sure what to do, have written to bank solicitors asking for consent to file entry of appearance late so I can get advice. Not really sure if I have a defence as have no copies of letter I wrote due to hard drive having to be formatted.Can't afford a solicitor as lost job back in January.

You will have to file an appearance within 10 days of service. You then have a further 14 days to file a defence. Otherwise you loose by default.

You really need a solicitor for this.

I was away when letter was delivered on 7th so I never actually got it until 12th when I arrived home. Also it was registered post and although no one was here to sign for it, it was still delivered. I have pointed this out in my letter to banks solicitors ands also that I am trying to get an appointment with MABS and have also said I will send them a detailed financial statement showing income and expenditure.

Situation of my friend is bit similar to you Tomas62- he initially was paying then was forced to leave UK ( due to some private circumnstances) and stopped paying because he could not affort anymore. As far as I know he wants to pay back, do you think he should negotiate with bank? ( you know they are predators)

You are now residing in Ireland how can they enforces this in Ireland as the law is not the same. Or am I missing something here. Was the letter from the OC or from DCA, ie debt collection agency.

Well, I don't know about Thomas62- he's just joined thread I've begun. But our cases seem similiar. As far as know my friend was initially paying her debt, then she left England ( to Asia) due to some unforseen matters and could not afford paying back. She didn't conatct bank since ( this was I guess 4 months ago when she stopped paying).She contacted me tough asking what do I know about catching debtors and if it's advisable to conatct bank and negotiate with them paying back her debts but with more favourable conditions....I guess she's worrying...

Back