If Veritas ads are banned for being religous what about horoscopes, psychics, etc?

Re: If Veritas ads are banned for being religous what about horoscopes, psychics, etc

No I agree with you to the extent I can discern with the limited information available - I think I know where you're coming from.

If I was to start listing the reasons for agreement it would probably be seen as an attack and the likely response would be that I was seeing things from a western point of view. I do think we're about 80 years of social development ahead. That's not to say it will take them 80 years to catch up.
I've got nothing against Islam, I just see it as one of the newer Monothesims. It's possible to find plenty of horrifying stuff in all the Abrahamic religions.

Re: If Veritas ads are banned for being religous what about horoscopes, psychics, etc

This is madness, we have a law that blocks a christian organisation to advertise for their goods in the christmas period because mentioning the real meaning of christmas is religous and religous ads are bad?

Some please quick remind me what christmas is about?

Wikipedia (not that I usualy trust them) says:

Christmas (IPA: /krɪsməs/), also referred to as Christmas Day or Christmastide, is an annual holiday celebrated on December 25 that marks and honors the birth of This post will be deleted if not edited immediately of Nazareth.

Now I don't know but is that not somehow a religous holiday?

Maybe I have a strange logic, but if ads are no good if they are religous, why is the latest "Christmas Sales" add of a major store acceptable? After all Christmas is religous and hence should not be allowed.

Maybe I should complain to the BCI about this.

There has been an advertising of an airlines recently offering special hajj fares which again is religous so why was that one allowed to go forward but not a christmas ad.

Now I am not saying the hajj ad should not have been allowed but it's strange that we use 2 different scales here.

It's very simple, Section 65 of the Broadcasting Act prevents Advertising deemed to be Religious or promoting ANY Religious agenda from being Broadcast. The Legal firm which represent Veritas have stated that the BCI's interpretation of Section 65 in regard to this years proposed advertising is "absurd" but if it were actually breaching the rights of Veritas illegally I can't imagine the language would be as ineffective as "absurd" they would serve them with legal action.

The reason the law exists is that there is the potential for groups with deep pockets from any faith from running advertising for their particular agenda, its not anti-Catholic, in fact I would imagine there would have been other more evangelical groups in mind when the legislation was drafted and passed.

Looking at it from another angle, perhaps Veratis should thank the BCI. They've received far more attention than they would have with their advertising campign alone.

Like that hilarious advertising campiagn in the UK that Dawkins supported and mentioned above. Atheists paid to place posters on 30 buses carrying the message: “There’s probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.”

A religious group actually donated to the campaign, on the grounds that the ads were so bad they would probably attract people to religion. Saying “Stunts like this demonstrate how militant atheists are often great adverts for Christianity.”

The bus campaign is actually a joke [broken link removed] to a religious message on a bus that linked to a website saying anyone that didn't believe in This post will be deleted if not edited immediately was condemned to an eternity of torment in hell.

What are the consequences if you reject the answer?
God’s wrath includes the prospect of eternal punishment – it is appointed to men to die once and then comes the judgment (Hebrews 9:27). You will rise from the dead and will face the Judge and know that you rejected His kind and merciful answer. You will be condemned to everlasting separation from God and then you spend all eternity in torment in hell. This post will be deleted if not edited immediately spoke about this as a lake of fire which was prepared for the devil and all his angels (demonic spirits) (Matthew 25: 41).

Back