If I move into his house

Whatever about the legal situation, are you sure you have thought this out fully? You are intending to move in with him, with your child, and he is thinking about financial consequences of a possible break up in a few years. What does that tell you about him?

If he is so worried, let him talk to a solicitor and get proper, reliable legal advice so as to protect himself. Then he'll be able to sleep at night, poor love.

It tells me he is smart, in that he is planning ahead in case everything doesn't go according to plan.

If more people had this outlook a lot of the courts would be freed up & a lot of families could avoid a lot of hassle.

Last edited:
It tells me he is smart, in that he is planning ahead in case everything doesn't go according to plan.

If more people had this outlook a lot of the courts would be freed up & a lot of families could avoid a lot of hassle.

He sure is. My concern would be that this was his only plan, as it's a very convenient set up for him, perhaps too convenient, there will be no disruption to his life if things don't work out.

You do sound like you've given it a lot of thought Sammieh, and I hope you've also thoroughly considered and planned for yourself if things don't work out. I wish you all luck with the move and hope that all goes to plan. Mel.

He sure is. My concern would be that this was his only plan, as it's a very convenient set up for him, perhaps too convenient, there will be no disruption to his life if things don't work out.

You do sound like you've given it a lot of thought Sammieh, and I hope you've also thoroughly considered and planned for yourself if things don't work out. I wish you all luck with the move and hope that all goes to plan. Mel.

Well said.

Back