If I move house can I keep same mortgage?

cosmo

I have a great mortgage with AIB, it's a 50% LTV Tracker at ECB + 0.6%.

I want to move house and would still qualify for 50% LTV but the tracker mortgate that I have is no longer offered.

Am I allowed Transfer the same mortgage to a different house or is it specific to the current house ONLY? I would be happy to Sell the house, continue to pay the mortgage until I bought a new house and then secure the mortgage against the new property.

If I have to take out a new mortage there is no way I will do as well again.

Any suggestions?

No you won't be able to carry forward the same mortgage. A mortgage by definition is a loan secured on a particular property so you cannot keep it once the property is no longer yours. Also I think banks are only looking for ways to get people off tracker's so I can't see them agreeing to this in any case!

You wont be able to keep the mortgage if you sell the house.

Forget about the "old" rates, the days of .6% margins are gone and won't be back.

figured as much. Who is the most competitive out there for a decent LTV mortgage?

The lowest 5 yr fixed is 3.67% at NIB LTV under 50%. They also have the lowest 3 yr fixed rate for under 50% LTV at 3.07%. (These rates change every week with NIB)
Variable rates start at 2.4% from Halifax (ltv under 50%) with AIB and BOI not far behind at 2.5% (under 50% LTV). Those variable rates are probably going to drop in most cases in the next couple of weeks after the last ECB cut.

Back