If a wall between two houses falls over who is liable to fix it?

foxylady

I am not sure if this is the right thread, but just wondering if a neighbours wall falls into your garden bringing your wall with it, who is liable to fix it?

My mum told me that you are responsible for the wall on the left hand side of you.. If I were you I would probably get a more legal opinion...

Well, it could be viewed in a few ways..

An neighbour is not responsible for an accidental fire which crosses boundaries.

But a neighbour would presumabely be liable if they installed a Christmas decoration on their roof which blew off and smashed through your sun room.

If one wall fell on another it should be obvious that the wall on top fell on the one on the bottom. .. although it's concievable that the wall on the bottom fell first, and the other wall just happened to fall on an already collasped wall.

I wonder what would happen if a tree fell on your wall, or your car... any comeback against the tree or land owner?

I am not sure if this is the right thread, but just wondering if a neighbours wall falls into your garden bringing your wall with it, who is liable to fix it?

Why are you talking about two walls Foxy lady?

Surely it is one party wall between two properties?

A little more information, if you please, this one has me intrigued.

ONQ.

Why are you talking about two walls Foxy lady?

Surely it is one party wall between two properties?

A little more information, if you please, this one has me intrigued.

ONQ.

Its is dividing wall but would have blocks both side - hence similar to two walls

Back