Ibec says zero hours contracts report 'unbalanced'

Branz

What else would you expect
http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1207/751878-ibec-ul-report/

The report is called:
'A Study on the Prevalence of Zero Hours Contracts

Then we get this

Ms McElwee said that the report had acknowledged that..... zero hours contracts are rarely used.

She noted that the study had proceeded to look at the full range of flexible and part-time arrangements, though she argued that much of this appeared to fall outside the report's terms of reference.

She writes that the subtext of the report was clear; that anything that did not conform to the traditional working week of eight hours a day, Monday to Friday, was in some way "suspect or exploitative".
damn right is it exploitative, done in conjunction Joan and the SW system

Branz,

IBEC,s comments in particular trying to put in that {subtext } bit , is at best infantile .
@ worst it undermines any sensible comments in their response.

I just can,t figure how these groups be it IBEC or some lefties have an aversion to accepting that sometimes someone else might have a reasoned sensible valid opinion.

She writes that the subtext of the report was clear; that anything that did not conform to the traditional working week of eight hours a day, Monday to Friday, was in some way "suspect or exploitative".
damn right is it exploitative, done in conjunction Joan and the SW system

Come on, part-time working isn't in the least exploitative. Huge numbers of people happily work in part-time or jobsharing arrangements.

T Mc Gibney,
I don,t think Branz has issue with the normal part-time/jobsharing .
the issue is over exploitation on Zero hour type contracts , by their nature Zero type contracts can be exploited by employers.

I would prefer if IBEC or any commentator to avoid things like the IBEC {subtext} comments.

Back