I think that my RA is calculated wrong

merille

hi,
im a single parent of 2 and not working at the moment. getting opfp (247 e in a week) and child benefit 280 in a month, also maintainance 35 e in a week. my rent is 670 a month and just got rent allowance paid, which was 346 e for the month.
looked at the social welfare homepage and tried to calculate, but im getting different sum. looks like im getting less paid. cant figure out, how they got that kind of number. maybe somebody can help me with this please? thanks.

Is the rent you pay at or below the maximum rent limit for your family size and county?

Were you paid for a full calendar month for May or was payment only for part of that month?

Do you have any other income or savings which might be assessed against you?

Has your maintenance payment changed (gone down) recently?

What was the exact amount of Rent Supplement you received (including the cent amount)?

Is the rent you pay at or below the maximum rent limit for your family size and county?

Were you paid for a full calendar month for May or was payment only for part of that month?

Do you have any other income or savings which might be assessed against you?

Has your maintenance payment changed (gone down) recently?

What was the exact amount of Rent Supplement you received (including the cent amount)?

hi,
yes my rent limit is for my family size (2 kids, rent is 670 - thats the max with 2 kids)

actually i wasnt paid for the month of april as i needed to sent in some paperwork about the maintainance. so i didnt get paid for april in usual time, got told ill get paid double next time which was yesterday. i got paid for april and may, on the check is written it is for may. im sure i got paid double, as the amount is 696. so i divided it with 2 months and got the amount, which doesnt seem to be right.

i have no other income and not much savings, only about 1000 euros on the bank account. they didnt take into account before.

i got 696.00 for april and may.

If there was a problem with April's Rent Supplement, you may not have been paid the full amount for the month, so dividing what you received by 2 might not give you an accurate result.

You will have to contact the SWA officer or central rents office (whoever deals with your Rent Supplement claim) to clarify your exact entitlements.

Savings of up to €5000 are disregarded so your savings won't be taken into account.

Based on the following figures:
Rent (670 pcm) -- 154.61 pw
Income (247.60 + 35) -- 282.60 pw

I calculate that you are expected to pay 67 euro per week towards your rent. You are required to pay a minimum contribution of 30 euro plus the amount that your income exceeds the SWA rate for your family size (245.60).

gipimann would u mind to help me with my issue.
I won't post new tread, beacause I have similar problem.
I think my means are calculated wrong as well.
The truth is that I've no idea how SW is calculating those figures :/
Anyway, I finished my course and transfered from BTEA to JA again.
Last week I get 79,60 € , and in this week I got only 24,60. So I've no idea what's going on.
I spoke with the officer and explained her that my husband doesn't have any overtime, I even gave her a new payslips, and still the same story like I had last year when they calculated my means from my husband's payslips with overtimes :/
I have to go there tomorrow, because the officer adviced me to bring more payslips.
My husband get paid every two weeks, so I've no idea how they want to calculate our means :/ and It seems that for them his payslip is a payslip for one week, but as I wrote above he get paid every two weeks, not every week.

It sounds as if SW are using last year's means assessment, until they get the additional payslips from you tomorrow.

When you visit the office, make sure that they know that the payslips are per fortnight and not per week (they should know that from the pay week or PRSI week count on the payslip).

gipimnn believe that I explained them all situation last time, just like I did last year, but as I see without success.
after I finished my course, I went there and spoke with a nice, young girl, but every time when I'm speaking with anybody else some "suprise"appears :/
How many payslips should I give them?? for one month?? Because I gave them 2 already, so they are for 1 month already.

Back