I there any great saving to be made in Tesco since their price decrease.

Concert

Anyone think there is any great saving to be made in tesco since their price decrease.

Re: Tesco prices

i think they have great deals on the baby wipes and food etc, i've definitely noticed the difference in the prices, it used to be more expensive there

I've noticed a big difference over the past few days. Also, alot of the reductions are on ordinary everyday items like eggs and bread, which is a welcome change. Supervalu are also doing some brilliant reductions.

There are differences on a number of items, but some things are still quite expensive in my opinion. Its about time this has happened, does anyone know if theres a list of stores which have been 'converted' and those that have yet to be done?

Well, Superquinn certainly hasn't been converted. Most of their reductions take the form of bogofs,(which can often be a false economy. There are very few individual items reduced.

Sorry, I meant the tesco stores. Many close for 2 days and then re open (relaunch as they say). The ones in Athlone and Roscommon have done so, I was just wondering about throughout the country.

Sorry, I meant the tesco stores. Many close for 2 days and then re open (relaunch as they say). The ones in Athlone and Roscommon have done so, I was just wondering about throughout the country.

Yeah thats what i ment, they where closed sunday and monday and had opening tuesday.

I personally think Tesco has some neck to be stating how much the were overcharging the Irish consumers..
Us as consumers are now meant to be greatful that the are cutting there prices..and then the print it in black & white how much the were overcharging us and expect us as consumers to be delighted and remain loyal to this group: only in Ireland !!!.

im sure they have not reduced there profits, they have just applied more pressure to the suppliers and can reduce the price. id be suprised if it was them taking the hit.

Wife went in there to get a couple of things last week. We've been buying a baby pasta sauce for around 80p in Sainsburys for the last few months, but never saw it in Tesco's. It was there this time, branded as a "new" product at around €1.80. DOn't believe the hype is all I can say

Yeah thats what i ment, they where closed sunday and monday and had opening tuesday.

Sorry my reply was to liaconn's post, my posting crossed with yours!

I noticed they have a lot of UK products on the shelves now, as in stuff I could buy when I lived in the UK but havent been able to get in the Republic since.

im sure they have not reduced there profits, they have just applied more pressure to the suppliers and can reduce the price. id be suprised if it was them taking the hit.

+1.

I have noticed a lot of new brands in my local tesco which seem to be cheaper.

Currently I'm trying to buy as much irish as possible so haven't taken much notice of the prices. But I do know they had no irish tomotoes the other night.

So the general consensus is that Tesco are bad because they reduced their prices but sought to maintain their margin by getting their products cheaper (what business would not do that?) and Superquinn are bad because they still source in expensive Ireland and want to stop running their business at a loss. What a strange thread...

I personally think Tesco has some neck to be stating how much the were overcharging the Irish consumers..
Us as consumers are now meant to be greatful that the are cutting there prices..and then the print it in black & white how much the were overcharging us and expect us as consumers to be delighted and remain loyal to this group: only in Ireland !!!.

Eh..hello...what about Dunnes?, Musgrave-Supervalue?, Superquinn?? etc etc....they are all equally guilty! They were all at it.

Tesco in Portlaoise and Tullamore made the change the weekend just gone. I don't like the way they moved everything in the store in order to do it but some stuff is definately cheaper.

Because the Cork people have too far to go to the north, I suppose we will have to wait.

Because the Cork people have too far to go to the north, I suppose we will have to wait.

You're all loaded down there in Cork anyway!! I think the Tesco change for good is going to stop on the Cork border :) lol

So the general consensus is that Tesco are bad because they reduced their prices but sought to maintain their margin by getting their products cheaper (what business would not do that?) and Superquinn are bad because they still source in expensive Ireland and want to stop running their business at a loss. What a strange thread...

But aren't we all being asked to take a 5% cut to help the economy or is this only for the plebs?

Back