I-Phone Video App

eirefinq

Hi guys, Just wondering if its possible to get video functionality added to your iphone as an app - I have searched but cant really find anything...also is it possible to listen to the radio some way?? thanks everyone!

Video functionality will almost certainly be added when the iPhone OS 3.0 is released in June - it'll be a free upgrade for all existing iPhones.

You can listen to the radio by streaming it (which could get expensive if you're using the 3G network).

will I be able to upgrade my iphone so that i replicates whats available on the new iphone being released tomorrow (19th June)? if yes - how? In particular the video functionality? thanks.

I think the date will be 26th June for Europe (19th for US) and AFAIK relevant software upgrades will be available via iTunes for the older iPhone 3G (not sure about original iPhone).

Video will only be available on the iphone 3GS which I believe will be available here in the next couple of weeks.

The new software which was released yesterday doesn't add video funtionality, if you want video on the iphone 3G you will need to jailbreak it, that OS will allow video

thats pretty crap isnt it - why didnt they make it available in the upgrade? how do i jailbreak?

I think their reason not for giving video is due to quality due to it being only 2mp. Aparantly 3.0 software jailbreak will be released on friday. Just google it and should find sites with details

Back