I Phone Bill

ledzep4

Hi,

I recently acquired an I phone. Last November I got my new bill which came to almost €600. I have 500mb's of data but all I do with the I phone is listen to Newstalk/Nova. I rang Vodafone to ask what exactly the data I downloaded but they they can;t tell me due to data protection laws.

i really don't understand as all i use the phone for is for listening to the radio. I complained to the CSA. My bill was halved (still way too much in my opinion).
This month I checked my balance and noticed my bill had sky rocketed again (up to €100). again I don't know what it was I downloaded that made the bill go so high.

Is there anything I can do to find out what is causing the increase in my bill.
I have since switched provider!!!

500MB data will get you almost 18 hours of streaming of Newstalk at 64Kb/s.

Note: Capital B means bytes, lower case b means bits. A byte is 8 bits.

on your iPhone, go to settings, General, usage, cellular usage.

go ahead and reset statistics, then do what you do and watch how much data gets used...

My husband had the same problem.
He rarely uses his phone for calls/texts but always uses it for listening to radio etc.
He only had 500mb of data and he was always going over his limit.
Vodafone dont seem to have a package that suits him at all.
The latest thing they have advised is to get vodafone mobile broadband - €20 a month for 10GB - and to use this for wifi on the phone when in the house/at work etc.
And they have changed him to the lowest calls /texts package with 500mb of data on that - I thinks its €25 a month.
This change has just been done this week so will be interesting to see if it works.
The good thing is that I can also use the wifi on the mjy iphone and laptop.

www.accountantonline.ie

I don't have an iPhone, I have an Android, but when I listed to the radio I usually use an FM radio app, I listening to broadcast radio instead of via data. You should see if that's possible on the iPhone. You should also ensure you're using WiFi where available, eg at home, so you can use as much bandwidth as you like there.

i have a free app on my android, Anova, where u put in your plan details and ill keep an eye on it for you, i only have a 150mb limit and manage fine, use it at home, and outside only to check the odd thing,
Id say if you didnt keep an eye on it it would easily spiral out of controll, as with the OP.

I don't have an iPhone, I have an Android, but when I listed to the radio I usually use an FM radio app, I listening to broadcast radio instead of via data.

The iPhone does not have a radio receiver, so data is the only option.

What phone/app are you using?

if you are at home or at work you better use the wifi connection and only use Vodafone data when you cant get wifi connections , also try to visit your radio station website they might have an iphone app ! sorry i'm not with Vodafone but my friend told me that he can access his account online & monitor (keep an eye) on how much data he is using , that is very good . no more scary surprises

Thank you all so much for your replies. i have since joined three which has unlimited data so i should be fine from now on :)

Back