I Pad Mini problem

Daddy

I purchased one of these at DID electrical less than 3 weeks ago. Now it won't switch on. What are my rights when I go back in to them about it in the next few days. Can I look for a new replacement ideally. I don't think I should have to wait maybe a few weeks to get it sent off for repairs. Thanks.

The choice of repair, replace or refund will be with DID. They will most likely attempt the repair as first option, in which case, they will need to send it back to Apple, so unfortunately, you may end up without it for a few weeks.

Keep a written record of all your dealings with them.

Further information is available on the NCA's Consumer Help site.

Just to check you've gone through these steps:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281

As Leo says the contract is with DID, having said that there is another option which is travelling up to the Apple Store in Belfast and visiting their Genius Bar.

Now there's no guarantee they would look at it there for you, but I've known people with products in warranty that have gone to the Apple Store and it has been looked at. In most cases they were able to restore the devices there and then so the problem was solved.

It really depends on little you want to wait a few weeks and you'll be out of pocket on getting to Belfast plus there's no guarantee they would look at it for you (or be able to fix). But they do have a decent reputation of helping people at the store.

It's a bit of an extreme punt, but it does depend on how long it would take DID.

If you don't want to go the DID route, bring the iPad to a CompuB store. They are official resellers for Apple in Ireland and deal with faulty Apple products, regardless of where they are bought.

A couple of years ago I had an iPad 2 that developed a fault after six months. I brought it to CompuB (even though I bought it in Arnotts). I had a replacement device within 24 hours.

Back