I need to find a good seafood restaurant around Dublin not as far out as Howth!

sparkles08

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me - i'm organising a birthday bash for someone in work! Their fav food is Seafood and I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good seafood venue around Dublin. We don't really want to travel to Howth!!

I saw a really njice place called Ouzos but when I went to book it was actually closed down. I would really appreciate any ideas people might have.

Thanks in advance

Re: I need to find a good seafood restaurant

Hi,

If you're looking for somewhere very central, I've heard good things about the Lord Edward near Christchurch.

Unfortunately I can't comment myself as I can't stand seafood but friends have praised it.

Last edited:

Also, [broken link removed] might inspire you. Yuk - give me a nice big steak any day :)

Aqua out in howth, brilliant spot, stunning views & great food

What about Sushi? Yamamori do it on South Great George's st as I'm sure other places too...

i can recommend les freres jacques. lots of fish dishes (they came to the table with a big platter of fish to chose from when we were there so your work mate will be in heaven!). The service is great too plus it's very central. not sure of the layout nowadays but the last time we were there downstairs was a bit squashed so ask for a table upstairs.

this is their website: http://www.lesfreresjacques.com/

if you want to try something different the lobster pot in ballsbridge is that - it's like a time warp back to the sixties (or seventies?). waiters in black jackets, bow ties and white shirts, old fashioned fish dishes and quite a selection of fish when we were there, and they even do that 'crepe suzette' thing at the table - you know flaming the pancakes in a copper pan!

this is their website: http://www.thelobsterpot.ie/index.htm

Cavistons, Dun Laoghaire is top class if it's not too far out for you.

Thanks for the ideas everyone!!! We were in Howth a couple of weeks ago and it was too far out for some people so thats why we don't want to go there again!

I am raging Ouzo's is gone. I loved that place. I had heard that they were relocating to Dundrum, but don t know how true that is.

I eat regularly on L'Gueluton, in Fade st D2, and always have fish.
Its excellent!
Also good for fish is Fallon & Byrne nearby.
Both very reasonably priced and good quality/service

I eat regularly on L'Gueluton, in Fade st D2, and always have fish.
but not great for party organiser as afaik they do not take bookings...it is first come first serve basis.

There is a seafood restaurant called Mackerel on Grafton St in the old bewleys. I haven't been there so can't vouch for it.

Mackerel is also closed!
L'G take groups up to 12 people I think.

i can recommend les freres jacques. lots of fish dishes (they came to the table with a big platter of fish to chose from when we were there so your work mate will be in heaven!). The service is great too plus it's very central. not sure of the layout nowadays but the last time we were there downstairs was a bit squashed so ask for a table upstairs.

this is their website: http://www.lesfreresjacques.com/
Great spot but right up there for price. You'd be doing well to get out of the place for under €200 a head.
One Pice on Molesworth Place is cheaper and just about as good.
The Lord Edward is excellent for Seafood but there's not much for the non fish eaters.
Good reviews here for eateries in Dublin

yep, purple, it is a bit expensive alright, but for a special occasion maybe.

one pico is also great and great service too but i thought it had got a lot dearer than it used to be.

The Lord Edward is excellent for Seafood but there's not much for the non fish eaters.
Good reviews here for eateries in Dublin

To be honest I thought the Lord Edward was below average. Very expensive and I've had much better fish elsewhere. It's also a really dingey place...not much of a birthday party venue. Shame that mackeral has closed.

Cavistons is the place to go...alternatively you can get some great seafood in the Purty Kitchen in Dun Laoghaire or the new restaurant where Restaurant na Mara was in Dun Laoghaire train station is also supposed to be very good. Why not just try [broken link removed]

Back