I haven't paid my car loan in 6 years - no action from the lender?

If you owe them €9k then offer them about €1500 as full and final settlement and hold very tight on that. They will probably eventually counter offer €5k or €6k and then settle on about €3k to €4k. Perhaps you would get a CU loan to sort this out but there is definitely a deal to be done there.

Good luck!

That could be a runner actually as I am further now into my CU repayments so I will do exactly that! Thanks so much :)

Yes. I know it is mine, I am not looking for it to disappear but they just said they would call back in July and talk to me again.
..........................................................................................
Have been following the thread;;;Bank of Scotland , have I am sure onward sold your debt for circa 15% of the outstanding amount. From experience I just cannot see them putting judgment etc for this amount.
You dealt with Bank of Scot NOT a Debt Company, they need to show they actually HAVE, not just say they have your debt.
At this stage Do not VERBALLY respond to anyone. If anyone phones you DO Not give them your date of birth.Get everything in writing and DO NOT assume anything.
Take your OWN time to decide.
It is PURE MONEY incompetence from BOS !!!

Do not be BULLIED by anyone , some Debt companies are @ best (thugs)

Back