I can't access Statements on the "new" Bank of Ireland App

RichInSpirit

I haven't been able to access Statements on the "new" Bank of Ireland App.

There is a button saying statements but it just logs me out if I press it.

It has been like this since I first started using the App in 2021 I think.

I had signed up for PDF statements a few years previous so I don't get paper statements.

I might be passing one of the remaining branches this afternoon. I was thinking of asking them for paper statements for the period I haven't been able to access them.

@RichInSpirit - not sure what you mean by the "new" BOI App, I've been using the same BOI App for a few years, just regular updates to it.

I have a personal account with BOI. When I click on the account name, it opens Transactions ...... Statements ...... More options , each are clickable. and the statements button within the app, displays the Account and Fee statements as expected.

Thanks Jazz for replying. I didn't get to visit the branch today.
I tried the App a minute or two ago and pressing the statement button just logged me out of the App.
I've an Android phone and operating system and Apps are up to date.

I would delete the app, re-install it and try again

It works as it should on my android phone

Update on this. I signed up again for paper statements and got about 2 years statements in the post.

I have also just found that I can log in from a browser window on my phone. With "desktop site" box checked. I get a security message on my phone and I have to enter an extra question in the login process.
I then get to a browser screen that is very similar to the App.
I click on STATEMENTS and I can see all the statements in PDF form that I can download if I wish.

But the STATEMENTS button in the App still just logs me out.
It's a weird one.

I think it might be something to do with the screen size in the App.
The app has some way of blocking you from taking screen shots while using the app. For security I suppose.
I think the screen size is restricted and there isn't enough room for statements so clicking on statements causes an error which causes the app to close.

This is only my uninformed hypothesis of course ;)

I've just checked and statements work fine, are you possibly blocking in-app messages or popups?

Back