I bloody hate (Part III)... Coffee pretentiousness

WhoAmI

As Graham_07 mentioned in other thread about sandwich prices, I bloody hate the absolute nonsense regarding coffee these days. "Yah, OI'll have a double mocha-skinny-latte-choco-wonder with triple-distilled semi-skimmed Venezuelan beaver's milk in a highball glass and a sprinkling of powdered Tibetan yak's milk chocolate about half-way down please".

As was already stated, what's wrong with a mug of normal coffee?

Was in the US recently and Dunkin Dounuts had an ad running along the lines of "You can order your coffee in English here" The contrast was with all the posh coffe places where you had to order in Fratalian - "I'll have a large latte" - "don't you mean a dieci latte" ?

Have a look here - https://www.dunkindonuts.com/

z

Was in the US recently and Dunkin Dounuts had an ad running along the lines of "You can order your coffee in English here" The contrast was with all the posh coffe places where you had to order in Fratalian - "I'll have a large latte" - "don't you mean a dieci latte" ?

Have a look here - https://www.dunkindonuts.com/

z

Of course the problem with Dunkin Donuts' "coffee" is that it is a complete abomination.

I agree entirely. As a non-coffee drinker ( pause for sharp intake of breath ), I am getting royally sick of the amount of time I spend waiting in queues in cafes while the person on the till takes 5 minutes to make every coffee for the people ahead of me.

....I am getting royally sick of the amount of time I spend waiting in queues in cafes while the person on the till takes 5 minutes to make every coffee for the people ahead of me.

:confused: Are you the Queen and expect to jump to the top of the queue ahead of the rest of us mere mortals who have to wait our turn?

I think maybe the point was that the convoluted, ridiculous "coffees" taking so long to make, are responsible for the queues...

My interpretation of huskerdu's post anyway.

Of course the problem with Dunkin Donuts' "coffee" is that it is a complete abomination.

Hey I love Dunkin Donuts Coffee !

Add a Toasted Cream Cheese Bagel and I'm in heaven :D

Isn't Starbuck's coffee supposed to be quite good? Never had it.

Or is it one these skinny-double-cino...etc etc places too?

Forget the coffee, how about the most famous line of all on beverages...
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.

Irish and UK Starbucks coffee is muck in my opinion, overpriced and pretentious. US Starbucks is a bit better but still overpriced.

And it is one of those "skinny-mocha-latte" places too.

Forget the coffee, how about the most famous line of all on beverages...
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.

You forgot the "Make it so" :D

Irish and UK Starbucks coffee is muck in my opinion, overpriced and pretentious. US Starbucks is a bit better but still overpriced.

Starbucks have managed to do the impossible which is to make coffee which has absolutely no taste of coffee

I dont drink any of the skinny,mocha,latte stuff..just "normal" coffee..and absoutely hate sayin "regular americano" for what used to be just "a coffee thanks"! O'Briens does a decent cup though..

As above - I was in the US over the weekend and having a coffee and a boston creme (donut) brought me right back. It's hard to beat Dunkin Donuts 'coffee and a donut' for comfort food.

While I was there, there was an article on the news where Starbucks closed *all* their US shops for 90 minutes to re-educate their staff on how to make good coffee. This is a somewhat worrying step for a coffee shop to have to take. I think it indicates that quality had dropped in Starbucks over time. It's one thing to have all your staff take 90 minutes training over a few weeks, but all in one day and closing the shops and losing revenue is pretty bad.

z

As above - I was in the US over the weekend and having a coffee and a boston creme (donut) brought me right back. It's hard to beat Dunkin Donuts 'coffee and a donut' for comfort food.

Heh Heeeyyy!!! it takes a lot to beat a Boston Creme with coffee for sure.....

Back