I am going mad with tenants in arrears

Status
Not open for further replies.
His dog is kept in the back garden and the cats were driving the dog mad day and night. Well just to say i wasnt to pleased when i found out, i do have many animals myself.

I think you should call the ISPCA and report him for cruelty. How does he treat his dog if he goes around nochalantly killing cats?
Couldnt agree with you more..absolute disgrace!!
Did the neighbour think he was entitled to do this because the tennants were in arrears?
Imagine if that happened to someone who owned the house,would the neighbour have been so "brave" !

Last edited:
Jaybird i do know and can asure you he does treat his dog very well, he is a minded, well groomed dog that is walked every day.

Thedaras no he did not think entitled to do this because the tennants were in arrears. I know that for fact. he does not know my bussiness that well.

Well, one good thing about this is that his behaviour probably helped you get rid of the tenants. Keep on his good side, you made need his help in future to bully other unwanted, ungrateful tenants out of your property.

can we stick to the topic please???? (so typical of in here - people bouncing of others!)

CW - well done on getting your tenants out (without too much hassle - it could have been worse)... dont let it put u off renting out again. I had awful trouble with tenants last year. It honestly broke my heart, i had to evict a family & they had young children & the feckless father didnt give a damn.. oh dont get me started,...I cried outside my own house with my father standing there.
You should possibly look into have the R/A cheque sent directly to you as opposed to your new tenants maybe. not even sure if this can be done but perhaps someone can clarify this for me? I wish you the best with it... we all deserve a stress free life...

Finally something postive.
Steve D, that is what im trying to say if it was me living next door i would have dealt with the suituation differently, like calling the local warden. But that is the type of man he is and that is how he deals with things,And as i said he done it then told me.I wont interphere with him let him do things what way he wants.

can we stick to the topic please???? (so typical of in here - people bouncing of others!)
quote]

Very true there shooting star. The cheque should have been sent to my account in the first place buy in the form when the tenants fill it in they can chose were the money will go there account or my account(the landlord). It should not be like that, they should not have a choice.Thanks you for your kind words.

Finally something postive.
Steve D, that is what im trying to say if it was me living next door i would have dealt with the suituation differently, like calling the local warden. But that is the type of man he is and that is how he deals with things,And as i said he done it then told me.I wont interphere with him let him do things what way he wants.

Yes, I realise that but I am just saying that you need to keep him on your side. You may need to use his services to intimidate troublesome tenants in the future.

If I moved into that house and found out that the next door neighbour drowned kittens I would turn around and move straight back out.

NO WAY has anyone the right to do what he did and for SteveD to say that you would want a person like that on your side is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

Is it illegal to drown kittens?

i would imagine so especially when they aren't yours.

What the OP should realise is that although he doesn't want to cross his neighbour, he has a duty to call the ispcc or at least inform the next tenants that if they have animals that the next door neighbour doesn't take kindly to 'troublesome' kittens.
Personally I wouldn't let it go as 'he is just that type of person'.

in fairness it was the OP that raised the issue of the kitten drownings. did the rental agreement prohibit pets? if not then they are entitled to keep them even if the neighbour's dog was annoyed. does the neighbour have a veto on all pets moving into the neighbourhood with the threat of killing them hanging in the background?

While the OP might have a duty to call the ISPCA (and imho probably should) I don't think they will be able to investigate without a written statement from his former tenants and/or evidence that the neighbour actually did as he said.

We might all be shocked at the neighbour's actions but there is very little the landlord can do after the fact. Telling new tenants about the neighbour who likes to kill innocent helpless animals isn't likely to endear himself to his tenants or get a contract signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back