I am finding the Ryanair website unreliable

Brendan Burgess

Founder
This is not about the annoying requirements to scroll through all the insurance and other stuff I don't want.

But I have to sign in every time - it doesn't remember me as other airline websites and most websites generally do.

It has now told me that there is no flight on my account. Actually I have two separate flights on my account.

So using the booking reference I checked in and added the flight to my account on my laptop.

But on the app , it still said I had no flight checked in. So I don't have a boarding pass on my phone. ( I printed out the PDF and emailed it to myself.)

A few times during the process it said "something went wrong -please refresh your screen". But in fact nothing had gone wrong at that stage.

Is this user error on my part or is anyone else having problems?

Brendan

But I have to sign in every time - it doesn't remember me as other airline websites and most websites generally do.

But on the app
Are you talking about the website, or the app, or both?

If the website is not remembering you (do you mean keeping you logged in or something else?) then maybe when you were originally asked if you wanted to allow cookies you declined them?

Actually, I just registered with the website and when I entered the activation code to complete registration I got the error message that you mention even though I was logged in fine. So it may be the their system is acting up at the moment?

I find it easier to book flights on the app now.

Website suffers from poor latency and design is clunky. A few times website had bugs like Brendan outlines so I used app instead.

It's a pity as twenty years ago it literally had the best website of any business.

For a long time it has taken me too much time to book Ryanair flights using my laptop. The process has become much easier in the past few months using my mobile phone and Ryanair app.

I booked 3 separate flights recently (November) on the Ryanair website for travel in January. I got an email saying 2 of these flights were booked through an OTA. They were not. For these 2 flights I could not check in online, only at the desk which was a pain as I had to queue with people with check in bags, I had hand luggage only. For the third flight I could only retrieve the boarding card through the website, not the app. Never had problems before with Ryanair and I use them regularly.

Have you more than one email address BB?is it possible you might inadvertantly have two ryanair profiles?

Back